ELAC Allied Health Director 2020 Mentor Award WinnerPosted: May/28/2020 11:59 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 28, 2020
News Media Contact:
Kevin Jimenez, Public Information Officer
(323) 265-8807 | email@example.com
Monterey Park, CA – The East Los Angeles College (ELAC) Allied Health program director Monica Thurston received the California Health Information Association’s (CHIA) 2020 Mentor Award. This is for her tireless work on the Health Information Technology program at ELAC.
The Mentor Award recognizes those individuals who have demonstrated excellence in mentoring and encouraging students or colleagues to realize their full potential or have helped them find ways to achieve their best. Individuals who receive this award have:
- Encouraged professionals to become involved with CHIA/ American Health Information Management (AHIMA) activities as well as local activities of their Component Local Association.
- Fostered enthusiasm for the profession.
- Provided ongoing, long term career guidance to one or more Health Information Management (HIM) professionals.
- Supported the training process for new professionals through teaching, serving on panel presentations, and advising individual students or new professionals in the profession.
- Demonstrated a record of motivating individuals to enter the HIM profession.
- Professional practice as a site supervisor.
This year, Monica Thurston as well as all the other 2020 CHIA award winners will be receiving their awards during a virtual ceremony, using Zoom, scheduled for Wednesday, June 17, 2020 from 12:00 – 12: 45 p.m.
To learn more about the ELAC Allied Health department and all the programs they offer visit their webpage at http://www.meximanos.com/Academics/Departments/Allied-Health.